Things to Keep Reminding Myself as Someone with Low Self Esteem, High Anxiety, & the Urge to Please Others
No one is entitled to your physical or emotional affection.
Denying affection does not make you a mean or bad person.
It’s not considered hurting others when you are protecting yourself and your happiness.
Those who threaten your joy or comfort do not deserve your kindness or attention.
You should never do anything that makes you feel unhappy to make others happy.
You deserve to feel safe and happy.
I dearly wish that people would view their bodies as they view flowers…
Skin patches? Birthmarks?
Scars? Stretch marks?
Freckles? Moles? Acne scars?
Missing a few pieces?
handsome as ever~
Feel like you just look weird?
you’re fantastic looking~
This is so lovely
Aw I love this
EVERY BODY IS BEAUTIFUL AND UNIQUE LIKE EVERY BLOSSOM AND BLOOM
on cultivating momements of whimsy and connection in my life as a survival tool
lez be real pals, i get really fucking bogged down sometimes. i have recently started to realize that having whimsical experiences and having heart connections with others are coping mechanisms form me and make me feel ‘spiritually rich’ as jessica would say. here are some examples of how i make myself feel better when shit feels hard. this list is really incomplete and will be very different for everyone, but maybe it will get your imagination flowing.
1. light sparklers and drink whiskey in the gnarled garry oaks on an eerie spring night with someone you love
2. bake a pie for someone or a group of people you really care about (preferably strawberry basil) and surprise them with it!
3. share food and love and words with others
3. don’t hang out with people if you don’t want to and try not to apologize for finding large group hangouts where only small talk is possible insufferable and shallow. invite only blanket forts are more my speed.
4. MAKE YOURSELF A BAKED DIP OF ANY KIND (you will never, ever regret this) and watch some fantasy movies (if you’ve never seen legend, start there)
5. dress up in fun outfits and go play outside. don’t be afraid of your imagination.
6. take pleasure in the beauty of nature and get as close to it as you can. i like to bird watch, or lie back and look at the clouds. i like to watch sunsets and splash in puddles and smell flowers.
7. adorn yourself with as many sparkly things as possible, take excessive vanity shots or just enjoy the way you look on your own
8. say the things that you are grateful for about yourself, your body, your loved ones out loud or write them down.
SPARKS NOTES: food, nature, love, rhinestones
reblogging myself because we are still poor and need reminders of how to stay focused on abundance in the midst of scarcity